The overall objective of the course is to equip participants with skills, knowledge and techniques for enhance performance in the Public Service. Specifically, the course will enable participants to:
- Examine the importance of target setting in work situation
- Identify the main output controls
- Apply work measures for improved performance
- Analyse the choices managers make in designing effective performance appraisal and feedback procedures
- Discuss the likely challenges of performance contracts
- Devise appropriate incentives to motivate staff.
The topics listed below, amongst others, shall be covered during the Course.
- Principles of Organisation Management;
- Overview of Performance Management
- Overview of Performance Contracts
- Work Measures and Standards;
- MBO and Target Setting;
- Performance Appraisal Systems
- Performance Review and Rating System;
- Job Analysis and Evaluation;
- New Trends in Performance Management.
- Use of ICT in Performance Management.
- Rewarding Performance in the Public Service.
Target Audience The Course is targeted at Public Servants on GLs 10 - 14.