At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the key concepts, theories and terminologies associated with Public Sector Management.
- Discuss the Salient issues in the Nigeria Public Service
- Evaluate the operation and effectiveness of Public Service in Nigeria.
- Design a workable framework for Public Sector Management.
- Overview of the Evolution of Public Senior Management
- Overview of Human Resources Management
- Public Sector Accounting
- Auditing in Government
- Budgeting in Government
- Public Private Sector Partnership
- Public Financial Management
- Citizen Centered Service Delivery
- Policy and Governance in the Public Service of Nigeria
- Management Information System
- Labour Management Relations
- Resources Management
- Nigeria Public Personnel Management
- Public Sector Economics
- Code of conduct and Ethics in the Public Service
- Leadership and Accountability
- Public Sector Strategy
- Gender Mainstreaming in the Policy Process
- Security Consciousness in the Public Service.
The Course is design for officers on GL. 14 – 16 in the Federal, State and Local Government Services Agencies and Parastatals.