Accountability and Transparency for Effective Leadership
By: Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Jun 29 - 03 Jul, 2015
The workshop will enable the participants to:
- Explain the Philosophy and Objectives of Anti-corruption Laws;
- Identify the Relevant Anti-graft Agencies and their major functions
- Recognize the need for Transparency and Accountability in Conducting Government Business
- Prudently Manage Funds and other Resources
- Develop the ability to detect fraudulent activities and take measures to prevent same.
The workshop content covers the following, among other topics;
- Institutional foundation of Accountability and Transparency in the Service
- Legal frame work of Anti-Corruption Agencies
- Concept and Intent of Anti-Corruption Laws
- Ethics, Accountability and Transparency
- Measures and Strategies for Promoting Accountability
- Institutional Leadership role in Accountability and Transparency
- Fraud Detection and Prevention
- Measures for preventing corrupt practices in the Service
Senior Managers in the Public Service and Private Sector Elected Public Officers in the Federal, State and Local Governments, Members of the Armed Forces, Police and other Para-Military Organizations.
Methodology: Lecture, power point presentation, syndicate exercises, and discussion.
NGN60,000.00 (This fee covers workshop materials, bags and certificate of attendance) (Convert Currency)
Venue: ASCON Complex, Topo, Badagry