Budgeting and Budgetary Control
By: Lagos Business School (LBS)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Aug 24 - 26 Aug, 2015
The central theme of this seminar is that no business can succeed or, indeed, survive without preparing plans and controlling performance in relation to those plans. In this discussion, we highlight the fact that planning and control embraces all aspect of business, and even extend beyond conventional roles to give structure and support to patterns of managerial responsibilities and provide information configured to support managerial decision- making. The generic perspective from which the topic is looked at makes it imperative to divide it into three parts: planning, control and budgeting itself.
- Financial Planning and Control
- Budgets and Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Steps in Developing an Operating Budget
- Budget, Budgeted Income Statement and the Balance Sheet
- Budgeting, Responsibility Accounting and Human Aspects of Budgeting
- Capital Budgeting
- Sensitivity Analysis in Budgeting
- Cash Budgeting
- Budgeting and IT (1)
- Interpreting Budget Reports (Variances) - Work in Teams
The programme is designed to benefit Managers, Executives and Company Directors/Owners without accounting / finance skill or knowledge, but who are responsible for managing budgets and keen on translating their strategies into financials.
Venue: Lagos Business School (LBS), Km 22, Lekki - Epe Expressway, Ajah, Lagos.