Fraud and error most times exist in organisations without being found out. This is because organisations believe that a sound internal control policies and procedures are in place. Meanwhile, a believed sound internal control procedures may be a deceptive to compliance and internal audit personnel. This course focuses on devising an alternative ways of preventing fraud and material misstatement. It will focus on areas of arresting the mind of potential fraudsters, getting rid of the motives of committing fraud as well as the fraud prevention and detective strategies.
Compliance officers, audit officers, finance and accounts professional and heads of strategic business units among others.
- Review of the canons of effective internal controls system
- X-raying the motive for committing fraud
- Classification of fraud and the modes of committing fraud
- Getting rid of the motives for committing fraud in employees v Fraud prevention strategy outside the internal control
- Fraud detection strategies