The workshop objectives are to enable participants:
- Examine the Basic Principles of Salary Preparations
- Describe the Procedure for Salary Preparation and Identify Areas of Weakness for Corrective Actions
- Highlight the Existing Financial Rules and Regulations applicable to Salary Preparation
- Exchange Ideas and Experiences in Salary Preparation across Ministries, Extra-Ministerial Departments and other Government Owned Agencies
- Acquaint themselves with the relevant Software in Salary Preparation.
- Overview of Salary Administration
- Regulatory Framework of Salary Preparation
- Personal Emolument Records and Reconciliation
- Variation preparation and Control
- Financial Regulations and Salary Preparation
- Preparation of Salary and Auditing the Payroll
- Data Base Management Using MS Access
- Institutional Problems Affecting Salary Preparation
NOTE:Participants are implored to bring their Laptop for hands on experience in computers.
The Workshop is designed for Accounts and Finance Officers on Grade Levels 07 and above who are involved in Salary preparation in Ministries, Extra Ministerial Departments and other government owned agencies