Managing Government Relations
By: Lagos Business School (LBS)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Oct 07 - 09 Oct, 2015
Many organisations, businesses and not-for-profits are facing challenges relating with multi-level governments in an emerging democracy such as Nigeria's. More so, given the relative lack of experience in constitutional government; continuity in policies and personnel. There are new legal requirements that now have to be followed, and ethical challenges in influencing and lobbying government. Government relations managers require a strategic approach to understanding the new environment and techniques for effective proactive management of government relations and communication strategies in an ethical and professional manner.
This seminar is relevant to all who manage government relations regardless of their business sector and affords an opportunity for cross-functional learning and networking.
- Understanding the Social and Political Environment of Business
- Introduction to Strategic Government Relations Management
- Developing Relationship Management Functions
- Reputation Management
- Integrated Communications Strategies
- Public Consultation Processes
- Implementing an Effective Issues
- Management Programme
- Policy Advocacy
- Legislative and Regulatory Relations
- Tactical Public and Media Relations
- Crisis Management
- The Ethical Challenge - Creating a Plan of Action
The programme is designed to benefit the following groups:
Government relations managers, corporate affairs managers, communications managers, marketing managers, public relations advisers, managers, heads of NGOs and their government facing officers
Venue: Lagos Business School (LBS), Km 22, Lekki - Epe Expressway, Ajah, Lagos.