Today's complex business environment is characterised by pervasive economic uncertainty, increasing customer expectations and intensifying competition. As such, most forward-looking organisations now focus much more attention on aligning and integrating their human resource functions with their strategic business objectives. Recent research suggests, however, that line managers remain a vital but often weak link in the alignment process, as they are ill-equipped to effectively manage the implementation of human resource aspects of business strategy.
The Managing People for Strategic Advantage Programme (MPSA), delivered by an outstanding faculty of recognised experts, is designed to build line managers' HR capabilities. Drawing on cutting-edge research from the fields of strategy, business psychology, organisational behaviour and human resources, and through several learning methods, practical solutions are provided to the challenges faced by managers in engaging, managing and retaining people.
- Managing and Leading Oneself
- Understanding and Influencing Human Behaviour in Organisations
- Handling Ethical Challenges in People Management
- Dealing with Conflict
- Aligning Individual Performance with Organisational Goals
- Conducting Effective Performance Evaluations
- Developing and Engaging Talent for Peak Performance
- Driving Performance through Compensation
- Managing Workplace Conflicts and Negotiations
- Leading People through Culture Change
- Action Planning: Refining Your Management Style
Line managers, technical specialists and other professionals in private and public sector organisations who wish to enhance the performance of their staff.