Assertiveness is fast becoming a key communication competence in Nigerian (and indeed African) organisations. Increased intercultural interaction – a consequence of globalisation and the attendant virtual nature of today's work and mobility of people across national and cultural boundaries – is causing otherwise stable communication cultures to pay more attention to the inter-cultural dimensions of interpersonal and cross-organisational communication.
This programme draws its design and content from research in cognitive, individual and social psychology as well as elements of organisational behaviour and human resource management. It is designed to produce managers who can deploy communication competence in a range of situations requiring the management of interpersonal disparities.
- Understanding Assertiveness
- Thought Process and Behaviour
- Managing Feedback
- Personal Power: Building and managing self-esteem
- Assertiveness Tools and Techniques
- Battery of Exercises and Games
- Business owners
- Experienced managers and seasoned professionals (with over four years' experience) who want to build their strengths, resolve conflicts smoothly and exercise greater influence on others
- Employees being prepared for managerial or leadership roles
- People who regularly encounter conflict with others – colleagues, staff or managers, those who find it difficult to present their point of view and victims of corporate bullying and bullies
- Organisations experiencing a medium to high level of aggressive behaviour among employees and now seeking to promote a more assertive environment. This category can book this course as a group.