Building and Leading the Team
By: Lagos Business School (LBS)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Mar 16 - 18 Mar, 2015
As business and social environments continue to face economic uncertainty, competition and everincreasing customer expectations, organisations constantly seek ways to more than just exist. With quick and efficient decision-making remaining a key factor for organisational success, the task of getting people to work together becomes even more pertinent. While research suggests that teamwork is indispensable to the organisation in this regard, it also admits evidence that teamwork (and its dynamics) has hitches which can sometimes be detrimental to organisational and individual progress, especially if not processed with a good measure of dexterity.
The programme will be delivered through a combination of learning methods – case studies, scenarios, games, group work, interactive discussions and lectures. Self-assessment tools (in most cases The Belbin Self-perception Inventory) will be used to enable participants see more clearly the behaviours they bring to teamwork and how these behaviours can facilitate or undermine results.
- What is a Team?
- Stages of Team Development
- Individual Differences
- Self-Transformation and Integration
- Team Leadership
- Globalisation, Technology and Virtuality
- Challenges of Technology Infrastructure
- Diversity, Cultural and Time Differences
- Team Communication
- Team Conflict Management
- Leader-Member Exchange: Power and Influence
- From Group to Team: Transformation and Integration of Team Members
- Team leaders and middle to senior-level functional managers in both private and public sector organisations whose roles require an understanding of people, groups and group dynamics
- Experts and specialists making a transition from managing equipment and processes to leading people
Venue: Lagos Business School (LBS), Km 22, Lekki - Epe Expressway, Ajah, Lagos.