The objectives of the workshop are to provide participants with a working knowledge of statistical techniques for data collection, processing, analysis, storage and retrieval, as well as their application for decision-making.
Topics to be covered include:
- An overview of Data Collection and Analysis
- Types and Sources of Data
- Methods of Data Collection
- Government Statistics
- Data Coding and Collation
- Data Analysis
- Design, Development and maintenance of Data Bank
- Report Writing and Presentation
- Issues and problems of Data Management in Nigeria
The Workshop is designed for officers involved in data collection and processing in the Public and Private Sector Organisations, particularly those in the Office of Statistics, Ministry of Finance, National Planning Commission, National Population Commission, Department of Planning, Research and Statistics, and those officers who are directly or indirectly involved in the collection, processing and analysis of data for policy and project execution, monitoring and evaluation.