Development Practitioners have recently realized that their efforts have not been yielding the desired results in terms of sustaining developmental efforts and programmes. This is partly due to inadequate consideration given to gender issues in development. In order to promote and ensure sustainable development in our various communities, the needs, problems and concerns of women and men must be harnessed for optimum results to be achieved.
This programme, therefore, is aimed at equipping men and women with the skills needed to be able to understand and manage gender issues in the context of social and economic development. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the concept and principles of gender development
- Identify gender issues in Agricultural and Rural Development sector
- Collect and analyze gender disaggregated data
- Develop strategies for the empowerment of disadvantaged group.
- Overview of Gender and Development
- Gender Issues in Management
- Gender Analysis Tools
- Gender, population and development
- Gender and Sustainable development
- Gender and ICT
- Interpersonal Skills
- Gender, Vulnerable Groups and Advocacy
Lecturettes, exercises, case studies, group discussions and field visits.
Who Should Attend?
Development Officers/ Practitioners in the Federal and State Ministries, Local Government, Research Institutes, Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education, NDDC, NGOs, CBOs and Faith-Based Organisations.