Public and private sector organizations face acute shortage of funds and these results in unpaid claims, salaries, increasing debts on overhead expenses and poorly maintained infrastructure. Therefore, the heads of accounts require special skills to manage better with less.
This course is, designed to enhance the skills and knowledge of participants in managing financial resources effectively. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Design appropriate cost control measures for their organizations;
- Apply due process in budget implementation;
- Design internally generated revenue strategies; and
- Apply electronic payment system.
- Overview of financial management
- Cost control and cost reduction techniques
- Auditing and financial monitoring
- Value for money contract management
- Due process in Budget implementation and contract management
- Accountability and transparencies
- Strategies for internally generated revenue
- Managing interpersonal relationships
- Electronic payment system (e-payment)
Lecturettes, group discussions, case studies and exercises.
Who Should Attend?
Heads of Finance and Accounts, Administration and Supplies departments and Internal Audit units in public and private sector organizations