Human Resource management is a strategic support function to every organisation. This begins at recruitment and continues through integration, development, contributions, and administrative needs.
In today’s business where administrative flexibility is required to facilitate unimpeded process flow, the role of HR then is to empower the line manager to become a partner in the HR value chain.
HR management thus originates from the HR professionals and flows through the line managers in the corporate chain for overall business support.
Line managers have different levels of participation in HR associated issues, and it is important that they comprehend HR fundamentals and operate within established best practices for results optimisation.
This course will enable participants to develop/improve their knowledge/competency in contemporary issues and identify future trends in human resource management.
At the completion of this course, participants will
- Have a thorough understanding of the various stages of the HR life cycle
- Understand how each of the above stages contributes to the business success
- Appreciate the extent of his role in the HR value chain and be able to deploy them effectively
- Play a complementary role in the employment process through application of job best fit
- Understand employee engagement, its importance, and managing the psychological contract.
- Monitor, manage and review employee performance effectively to maximise business outcome
- Be able to resolve conflicts within the ambit of the company policies