The curriculum of any programme, be it educational or otherwise, determines the quality thereof as its development process organizes what will be taught, who will be taught and what will be taught, who will be taught and how it will be taught. To increase productivity and meet individual needs as well as organizational goals and the changing environment there is a need to periodically collect and review information on which judgment might be made about the worth and the effectiveness of a particular programme, on whether to retain the programme as is, modify it or change it as a whole.
This workshop holding in Lagos state is designed to enable participants to acquire the competencies required to carry out effective training needs analysis (TNA) and assessment in their respective organizations
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the role of curriculum development and evaluation in training
- Identify the various approaches to learning
- Set objectives for training/educational progress
- Determine Content and structure
- Describe types of programme evaluation
- Develop instruments for programme evaluation
- Write evaluation reports.
- Overview of Curriculum Development and Evaluation
- Principles of Adult Learning
- Identification of learning needs
- Setting learning
- Curriculum design
- Curriculum Implementation
- Curriculum Evaluation and Review
- Developing Appropriate Instructional materials
- Types of Programme Evaluation
- Programme Evaluation Instruments
- Data Analysis
- Evaluation Report Writing
Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, demonstrations and practical exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to enhance learning.
Training Managers in Public and Private Organizations, Trainers, Human Resource practitioners