Management Workshop for Secretaries and Personal Assistants - (LDD001) - Oyo
By: Centre for Management Development (CMD)
Oyo State, Nigeria
May 11 - 15 May, 2015
Secretaries have a responsibility to handle documents, manage information and relationships and perform a great deal of administrative tasks. Indeed, effective performance of top executives and achievement of organizational goals depend, to a great extent, on the organizing capability of Secretaries and Personal Assistants. Secretaries cannot live up to their expectations without core competence and use of appropriate techniques.
This workshop, taking place in Ibadan, Oyo state, is therefore, designed to equip participants with the relevant management techniques and skills that will enable them to operate as effective and efficient Secretaries and Personal Assistants.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the role and responsibilities of Secretaries/Personal Assistants
- Apply management techniques that are relevant to their jobs
- Organize their activities and handle materials more effectively
- Give optimum support to their bosses and relate positively with other colleagues and the general public
- Operate the computer as an effective management aid.
- Concept and Principles of Management
- Functions & Responsibilities of Secretaries/Personal Assistants
- Personal Qualities and Professional Traits of Effective Secretaries/Personal Assistants
- Effective Records Management
- Effective Communication in the Office
- Office Layout and Space Management
- Time Management for Personal Effectiveness
- Human Relations at Work
- Reports and Minutes Writing
- Computer Application (Using MS Outlook)
- Managing the Boss
- Management of Imprest Account
- Delivery Methodology
- Lectures, discussions, role-play and case studies. Audio-visual aids will be used to enhance learning.
Confidential Secretaries and Personal Assistants attached to Chief Executives and Heads of Departments. All Secretaries/Personal Assistants will also find the programme rewarding.
Mrs. E. I. Ekannem
Venue: CMD Zonal Office, Ibadan