Managers have the responsibility to write reports and speeches in the course of their duties. They report on projects and activities being handled by them. Their report provides information on project benefits to a large number of people and facilitates managerial decisions. Managers also write speeches on major events involving their organizations, including product launch, anniversaries, awards, reception of dignitaries, press conferences, etc. Report and speech writing require specialized communication skills and techniques. This workshop holding in Lagos state is therefore designed to equip participants with the requisite skills and techniques for lucid and articulate reports and speeches.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Plan and write a good report/speech; generate relevant data for report writing
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Develop appropriate format and outline to write reports
- Present reports to Management.
- Overview of Report and Speech Writing
- Elements and Types of Speeches
- Planning and Writing a Report
- Planning and Writing a Speech
- Data Collection for Report and Speech Writing
- Writing Clearly and Logically
- Citation and References
- Effective Communication Skills
- Report Presentation Skills
- Report and Speech Writing Exercises
Lectures, discussions, exercises and case studies, Audio visual aids will be used to enhance learning.
The workshop is designed for Project Officers, Personal Secretaries and Assistants, Consultants, Managers, Trainers and Senior Officers whose jobs involve writing or presenting reports.
H. Osakwe (Mrs.)