The issue of governance is fundamental to effective function of NGOs. It is fundamental because the management of NGOs should be done in a manner that is transparent, accountable, and equitable and respond to the needs of the people.
Since NGOs aim at becoming sustainable, then good governance is critical to their existence.
However, experience has shown that the dwindling fortune of many NGOs is traceable to management and governance issues.
The workshop is therefore designed to equip participants with relevant skills and knowledge required to provide good governance and effective management for NGOs.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss governance and management issues in NGOs
- Explain leadership roles and functions;
- Explain networking and advocacy functions in NGOs
- Monitor and evaluate NGO projects
- Raise funds for NGOs.
- An Overview of Governance and Management Issues in NGOs
- Analyzing NGOs Roles: Implementers Catalysts, and Partners
- Advocacy and Service Delivery
- NGOs and Relationship Management
- Programme Development and Management
- Leadership Styles and Skills
- Fund Raising Strategies
- Monitoring and Evaluation of NGOs Project
Methodology of Delivery
Lectures, discussion, syndicate work, case studies and role-play, audio-visual aids will be used to enhance learning.
Managers and officers of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), and officers concerned with economic and development issues in all tiers of government.
Mode of Assessment for Certification
100 percent attendance / active participation
Miss S.O. Musa