Every project consumes resources. These resources are scarce and for all intent and purposes, these resources must be efficiently managed to ensure that the cost on every project is justified and yield expected results. The appraisal Report is one instrument through which important decisions are taken concerning the use of such resources and the final result. Therefore, the quality of the appraisal report and its understanding by the end users goes a long way in successful project implementation and management. This forms the rationale for this workshop. Participants will be equipped with core competence required in project appraisal and report writing and usage.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to
- Examine basic concepts in project appraisals
- Discuss the purpose of the appraisal reports
- List data gathering method in appraisal preparation
- Write a project appraisal report
- Use the appraisal report.
- Basic Concepts of Project appraisal
- General Approaches to Project appraisal and Report Writing
- Effective Communication Process
- Budget Implementation in conducting appraisals
- Project appraisal Report Writing
- Structure and Types of Project Reports
- Planning project appraisal Report Writing
- Data Gathering Method for appraisal Report
- Techniques of Project appraisal Report Writing
- Effective Use of Project appraisal Reports
- Using Log frame for Project appraisal
Methodology of Delivery
Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and role-play. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce the training and leaning methods.
This workshop is designed for NGOs, Trainers, Project Analysts, Loan and Advances Officers, Investment Analysts and Industrial Extension Officers from Federal and State Ministries of Agriculture, Commerce and Industries.
Mode of Assessment for Certification
100 percent attendance/active participation