Difficulties and delays often encountered during project implementation have been found to result from insufficient knowledge of procurement practices and procedures. Reforms in public procurement practices in Nigeria have brought to the fore the importance of good procurement and contract management practices.
This workshop holding in Abuja, FCT is designed to enhance successful implementation of projects through good procurement practices.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to
- Discuss the importance of procurement in development projects
- Explain the procurement process and planning
- Prepare a bidding document and request for proposals for consultancy services
- Evaluate bids
- Implement the contracts.
- Procurement for Development Projects: An Overview
- Procurement Reforms in Nigeria
- Procurement Process, Planning and Methods
- Bid Documents, Bid Opening, Examination and Evaluation
- Guidelines on Selection of Consultants
- Preparation of Request for Proposals
- Evaluation of Proposals
- Contract Award, Implementation and Management
- Payment Procedures and Practice
The course is designed for Procurement Officers and Managers in the public sector and their equivalent officers/managers in the private sector.