The centrality of the PRSD in implementing Vision 20:2020 becomes evident when viewed against the background of its expected roles. The main functions of the Planning Research and Statistics Department (PRSD) includes: development of plans, monitoring and evaluation of plan implementation, research into their respective sectors and into the internal organization and operational modalities of their ministries, and the continual collection and processing of data and statistics. This implies that the PRSD is the fulcrum of the economic policy making process. More so, the importance of research and statistical analysis as a veritable tools for enhance the performance of the PRSD must be emphasized.
This workshop is therefore designed to enhance the skills of participants in research and statistical analysis.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Acquire the skill to develop a fundable research proposal
- Acquire the skill to evaluate capacity gaps in individuals as well as institutions for job performance
- Conduct evidence-based research
- Compute of state gross domestic products; and
- Collect and manage data for effective plan, policy formulation and decision making.
The workshop is for Directors, Deputy Directors and Heads of Department/Unit of Planning, Research and Statistics (DPRS) in Nigeria‘s public service and their private sector counterparts. Other development stakeholders will find the workshop useful.
F. I. Iyanya