It is a general belief that many public sector organizations have been unable to achieve the goals for which they were established. Huge public resources have been spent without adding value to the nation’s development process. Against this background and particularly in the light of current reforms and the transformation agenda of the federal government, there is intense pressure on public enterprise managers to effect the much needed change and become more prudent in the management of public funds. Managers of public sector finance are required to develop the competence to advise their organizations on financial plans, prepare budgets and manage their funds effectively to achieve set goals. This programme holding in Shangisha, Lagos state has been designed to enhance the competence of participants to manage their organizations’ financial resources more effectively.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to
- Identify the various sources of funds available to public sector organizations
- Analyse and interpret micro and macroeconomic policies of government as they affect financial planning in the public sector
- Prepare financial plans and budgets to appropriately direct activities in the public sector
- Administer public funds judiciously to achieve organizational goals and objectives
- Appraise public projects effectively and efficiently
- Identify main problems of public finance management and proffer solutions
Directors of Finance and Accounts; Heads of Accounts Division; Accountants in federal and state ministries, parastatals and corporations; Treasurers and Accountants in local government councils; Budget Officers in public sector organizations; Financial Analysts; Consultants and Advisers in public sector organizations as well as Internal Auditors and Financial Trainers.
Mrs. R. Folawewo