By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify and avoid causes for contractual claims and change orders.
- Recognize the different types of claims and how to prevent and/or deal with each type.
- Apply, through actual situations, the different approaches to claims handling including Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and litigation.
- Practice and discuss, through a project, all aspects of handling and resolving contractual claims and change orders.
Who should attend?
All those involved in implementing contracts and handling claims and change orders; also those involved in any step of contract preparation/ administration for them to appreciate the importance of a well prepared contract.
- Why Claims Occur - The Red Flags
- Situations Causing Costly Claims
- Contractor Practices that Cause Claims
- Owner Practices that Cause Claims
- Causes Associated with: Contract Documents, Contract Awards, Contract Administration and Claim Settlement Procedures and Practices
- Contractors Objectives
- Fair and Unfair Practices
- Keeping Records