The course is designed to help delegates gain a detailed understanding of the demands, motives and problems of the executive secretary and to expand and improve their contribution to the management team while learning the art of pro-activity in the job. This course will take you beyond basic requirements of the average secretary into the advanced skills and techniques you need to become a dynamic Executive Secretary/PA.
- Identifying the key areas for development in this job role, increasing the contribution made to the company; laying the foundations; assessing your contribution
- Managing your boss successfully, making relationships work; developing your network; communication and importance of feedback.
- Increasing your contribution to the management team through basic group dynamics and team work
- Developing personal management skills; setting objectives; prioritizing tasks, understanding time management; delegating successfully, problem solving
- Organizing effective systems; travel; informal and formal meetings, minute taking
- Effective communication; learning how to be assertive and stay in control; the telephone; dealing with difficult people; developing a personal action plan.
- Clarifying the expanded role of an Executive Secretary and understanding the full scope of the areas you need to address
- Developing and working as a successful team with your manager, so that you are both more efficient and get more done
- How an effective PA contributes to their managers’ success through aligned objectives
- Managing office time - yours manager's and both together as a team
- Projecting a “Personal PR” image that reflects positively on your boss and department
- A Project Management Toolbox to help you set up and run small but complicated projects
- Handling the additional stress you will expect to encounter as an Executive Secretary