Designing an Effective Performance Management System for Supervisors
By: DACA Consults Limited
Lagos State, Nigeria
May 06 - 08 May, 2015
Managing employee performance involves a whole lot more than the once in a year performance appraisal usually undertaken by organizations. As a Manager, Supervisor or Head of Department, the challenge of getting the best out of your subordinates’ day-in-day-out can be quite a herculean task. You find yourself dealing with the same performance problems over and over - like employees who procrastinate and miss deadlines, wait for instructions from you on every little thing, don’t tell you they’re having problems until it’s too late, repeatedly make the same mistakes, etc. How do you manage all these in order to bring about lasting behavioural change since employee improvement is crucial to the performance of any organization?
The course is designed primarily to equip participants with the requisite skills and knowledge they need to minimize performance problems while maximizing employee commitment and success.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concept of performance management;
- Clearly define and communicate employee job duties and their expectations (performance expectations).
- Effectively evaluate individual and unit performance.
- Design strategies for performance improvement in the workplace.
- Give immediate and on-going feedback so employees know where they stand at all times.
- Applaud and reward not only the good behaviours, but also the right behaviours.
- Handle failures by focusing on problem solving, not blaming.
Line managers, Team leaders, Supervisors, HR professionals, Training officers and others who carry the responsibility for the design and implementation of performance appraisal in the organization
Venue: DACA Consults Training Centre, Nigerian Institution of Surveyors, 4th Floor – Left Wing, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos