Workplace Ergonomics: Injury Prevention through Ergonomics
By: Allied Educational Resources Ltd.
Lagos State, Nigeria
Jun 29 - 29 Jun, 2015
The human body is a fragile system, and we put many demands on it every day. Activities like reaching to get supplies off of a shelf, sitting in front of a computer for hours every day, and moving heavy products around the shop can all take a toll on our bodies. In this course, you will learn how to make your environment as ergonomic as possible in order to make daily tasks easier on your body and mind.
- Define ergonomics and its related terms
- Identify where to get ergonomics information for your region
- Identify how ergonomics can be incorporated into your workplace
- Assess your environment for ergonomic hazards, create ways to resolve those issues, and plan for implementation
- Review and evaluate your ergonomic efforts
- Use change management techniques effectively
- Describe the basic principles of ergonomics
- Outline ergonomic practices for sitting, standing, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling
- Design an ergonomic workstation - Identify important ergonomic features of tools and machines
- Understand the role that environmental factors (such as sound, air quality, and light) play in ergonomics
Venue: 45 Lagos street, Ebutte-Metta, Yaba, Lagos.