This is a highly interactive and engaging training course. It maintains a focus on the practical aspects of managing and leading from appointment to the role through to the first 100 days. It identifies key stages of the early management and leadership journey and establishes the key skills and behaviours critical to securing sustainable success. It is an essential training programme to support personal development within the context of management.
Who Should Attend?
This course is specifically designed for people who have been recently appointed to their first managerial post. It is also very useful for people who have aspirations of moving into management.
Key Course Highlights
- The challenges of managing and leading in today’s business environment
- Identifying the key skills and behaviours consistent with effective management
- Understanding the distinction between leadership and management
- Managing self and others - the role of the manager in performance improvement
- Planning prioritising and delegating effectively
- Managing difficult and challenging people
- The manager as a coach and mentor
- Understanding the distinction between effectiveness and success in the role of manager
- Managing the appraisal process effectively - planning - conducting and follow up
- Giving feedback - constructive criticism
- Managing your own development to ensure continuous learning