Success in life is never just about your knowledge, skills and experiences. If you are to represent a positive image of your organisation and build substantive relationships outside you need to understand and acquire the key skills of networking. This highly practical and insightful course will provide you with those essential skills, tools and techniques. You will learn explore and develop the techniques required for you to network effectively thus creating a positive impression of you and your organisation.
Who Should Attend?
This course is specifically designed for people who have identified a need to improve their networking skills it wills most helpful and useful to individuals have received little or no previous training in the subjects associated with networking. The course is relevant for managers and non-managers working in a variety of business environments.
Key Course Highlights
- Identifying the power and importance of positive networking
- Clarifying how you wish to present yourself and your organisation
- Identifying types of networking and how they differ
- How to expand your existing networks
- Using your current contacts to secure more opportunities
- Looking at the bigger picture - outside of your immediate area - your comfort zone - for opportunities to expand and develop using IT and social media
- How to join new groups and depart from existing ones
- Validating your entry into a new group - why you?
- Breaking the ice
- Creating and finding common ground
- Avoiding the one-upmanship game