Workshop on Effective Management and Administration in the Public Service - Abuja
By: Industrial Training Fund (ITF)
Abuja FCT, Nigeria
Jul 06 - 10 Jul, 2015
The Public Service is a vital component of government in the development process of Nigeria because of its vintage position as the agent for implementing government policies and programmes.
However, public service has suffered from skill obsolesce and attitude short circuit on account of various changes which has affected the system adversely. If this is not checked, the public service stands the risk of becoming a liability to government as it strives to enshrine good governance in the nation.
This workshop is therefore designed to equip participants with modern management and administrative principles, so as to arouse their consciousness to their duties and responsibilities, as well as enhance their capacity to measure up to the challenges of governance in democratic development.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to
- Determine the position and role of the Civil Service in democratic governance and development process
- Align their thinking and actions to government policies and objectives
- Adopt modern management techniques to improve the quality of civil service functions
- Carry out their work with renewed confidence and professionalism
- Operate the civil service with increased dynamism, sensitivity and responsiveness to the economic, political and social changes in the environment.
Senior Officers in Public Sectors
Lectures, Discussions, Syndicate Works and Case Studies
Venue: Abuja Area Office, FCT. ITF House, 6, Ademola Adetokumbo Crescent, Maitama, P.M.B 126, Wuse II, Abuja