All organisations need to manage performance so that their financial and strategic objectives are achieved and management and financial stakeholders can be confident in the associated control processes.
The proper construction and control of budgets is central to this, to safeguard the organisation’s viability and the effective delivery of its objectives. This requires a comprehensive financial planning and approval framework; consistent and rigorous processes for constructing budgets, both capital and revenue; sound methodologies for assessing the financial impact of proposed expenditure; compatibility with other management and performance data, and a control system that sets clear responsibilities and produces prompt and accurate monitoring information on performance against budgets.
This three day modular course is designed to equip all Staff involved in the budgeting and forecasting process, and their supervisors and managers. This programme will benefit professionals who want who want to round out their professional education as they take on more management responsibility.
- On completion of this highly practical, hands-on training course, attendees will be able to:
- Have a good understanding of the basics of budgeting and forecasting
- Appreciate the need for developing accurate budgets and forecasts.
- Contributing effectively to Strategic Planning
- Link budgeting and forecasting into the business' strategy
- Prepare rolling forecasts
- Guide operational management in the effective use of budget and forecast data
- Implement costs cutting initiatives and improve effectiveness