This course is designed for financial accountants and controllers wanting a detailed understanding of international standards of the International Accounting Standards. Auditors, Analysts and interpreters of IAS/IFRS financial statements will also benefit greatly from the course and this course will also be of particular benefit to accountants moving into a financial accounting role from other fields.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth working knowledge of the new ‘world standard’ of financial reporting.
- Concepts and presentation
- The IASB conceptual framework
- IAS 1 - presentation of statements
- IAS 10 - events after balance sheet
- IFRS 5 - assets held for sale and discontinued operations
- IAS 7 - cash flow statements
- Policies and revenue
- IAS 8 - accounting policies
- IAS 18 - revenue
- IAS 11 - construction contracts; revenue and work-in-progress
- Inventory and property, plant and equipment
- Group Account and International Standards