Developing Your Long Game
The Competitive Strategy session will provide the understanding, knowledge and tools necessary to meet head on the challenge of building a competitive strategy for your organization or separate business units within the organization.
The training program will provide insights into frameworks for assessing industry profitability, the competition, the environment and making strategic choices in an organizational or business unit context.
Designed to broaden your perspective on how to make your organization more competitive, the session will help you develop a sustainable growth trajectory for your organization.
- Assess the profitability of your industry or vertical markets
- Assess the competition in your industry and /or markets.
- Examine theories and frameworks for identifying and exploiting profitable opportunities
- Create a cohesive and forceful business strategy
- Tailor the planning process to the needs of individual business units.
- Enhance your ability to assess the strategic impact of the moves of your competitors and how to maintain competitive advantage
- Fundamentals of Competitive Strategy and the Historical Shifts in Strategic Focus
- Examine the underlying industry profitability and firm performance using Michael Porter’s 5 Forces
- Learn analytical frameworks for strategy formulation
- The Strategic Planning Process
- The 5 tasks of Strategic Management
- Hands-on Workshop
- Improve your strategic thinking and focus on actions
- Sharpen your competitive skills and confidence to change the strategic management of your organization
- Fine-tune intuition and apply practical tools to break into new competitive markets
- Group participation in strategy formulation motivates the team and ensures commitment
- The avoidance of common strategy formulation problems, i.e., analysis paralysis, inundation with details and numbers, rigidity and outdated strategy.
- The strategy formulation exercise is in effect a "back to the drawing board" process and reinforces the whole essence of the business entity.
- You will leave the program with specific tools that you can use to make an immediate strategic impact once you return to your company or organization.