This training provides an understanding of basic records management principles and how they affect daily work. This course explores the techniques and protocols that govern the lifecycle of a record, including concepts of adequate and proper documentation, disposition, and where to go for help. It discusses how managing records and information supports the work of any organization and improves staff effectiveness. There are no formal prerequisites.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify valuable records and the key requirements for managing them
- Principles for developing a file plan and record retention
- Understand records management principles
- Understand the repercussions of poor records management
- Know where to go for records management assistance within an agency.
- Course Outline
- Developing your corporate file plan
- Developing records retention and disposal schedules
- Implementation options for file plans
- Implementing retention and disposal schedules
- Change management
- Performance management