High performing teams don’t just ‘happen’. Developing teams of people who work well together, and who harness the differing strengths and attributes of all team members, needs team leaders and managers who understand the process involved and are prepared to put effort into the things that make a real difference.
- Identify with different types of teams and how to define team success.
- Create a team charter to develop your own high performing team.
- Understand how to adapt your leadership style to be effective in different situations.
- Communicate effectively with your team so that all team members contribute to the team’s goals.
- Deliver team meetings and discussions that are participative and positive.
- Types of teams and defining success - understand different types and characteristics of teams, and what makes them successful.
- Developing a high performing team - creating and sustaining values, expectations and ground rules that inspire and motivate team members to achieve goals and commitments
- Leadership styles and effective team leadership - understand your own style and how to develop high performing teams.
- Communicating and working with your team - set clear objectives and delegate and empower your team.
- Understanding decision-making styles – explore advantages and disadvantages of different styles, the importance of innovation and the difference between green light - red light thinking.
- Getting the most from team meetings - discover many techniques and skills to transform team meetings and ensure effective facilitation, communication, decision making and involvement.
- Creating collaboration - learn how to create a collaborative culture within, and between, teams and minimize the risk of conflict.
- Resolving conflict - deal with difficult team situations, facilitating positive outcomes, identifying sources of conflict and resolution skills.