Not-for-profit organizations are offering a specific product or service in the immediate society. It has become a common place for these organizations to effectively sell the vision and mission better than they sell their products/services. In a society where an individual is inundated with a myriad of information, non-profit organizations cannot expect the programs to sell themselves. It is now a must for non-profit organization to actively engage in marketing strategies.
- Participants will be exposed to practical and proven principles applicable to make their businesses successful.
- With examples they can relate with, participants will acquire knowledge of recent developments in non-profit marketing including but not limited to new media and fundraising.
The course will look at the following areas:
- Fundamentals of marketing
- Developing marketing mix strategies for non-profit marketing programmes
- Planning executing non-profit marketing programmes
- Steps in marketing a non-profit organization
- Effective use of social media
- Employing Cause-related marketing
- Fundamentals of fundraising
- Practical skills in fundraising
- Donors motivation theories and influence of funding sources
- Research skills and analytical techniques in donors sourcing
- Grants proposal writing
- Building a Gift Chart and matching Giving Circles
- Financial skills for fundraisers