The Marketing Plan is an integral part of any marketing department as this is the guide used in achieving the goals of an organization. Developing a successful plan therefore involves understanding the knowledge of what goes into a plan and how to craft it, and utilizing leadership and collaboration skills to effectively communicate the plan and execute it.
- Best practices in marketing? Why is it important?
- Key marketing concepts and terminology: the marketing mix, understanding the macro and micro environment, SWOT analysis, strategic decisions and tools, the action plan
- The marketing plan and its importance to a business
- How to develop a working marketing plan: the environmental analysis, creating an overview, SWOT analysis, segmentation, strategies, the action plan
- How to prepare your mission statement and vision for the upcoming year
- Discover and define your niche markets
- Develop your value proposition
- Develop and plan your marketing strategy.
- Develop your marketing mix.
- Create a marketing calendar that contains a month-by-month schedule of marketing activities and events for the upcoming year.
- The Role of Marketing Planning
- What’s in a marketing plan?
- Writing a marketing plan
- Summarize the situation analysis and understand the target consumer and market segmentation
- Developing marketing objectives and strategies
- Developing tactics and implementation plan
- Identifying core product/service benefits and differentiators
- Understanding the need for and the ability to develop contingency plans
- Approaches to formulate budget allocation and build the marketing forecast
- Defining how to monitor and manage performance by linking the plan to a marketing scorecard
- Communicating the plan to stakeholders and partners
- Taking the plan to the next level