Building and Leading High Performing Teams course takes a comprehensive look at at leadership styles, leading and motivating employees and developing high performance teams.
The highly interactive programme is designed to provide participants with an insight into their current behavioral traits, preferred leadership styles and the ways in which they can adapt these to become more effective leaders.
This will allow them to understand how they can better motivate others, both as individuals and as teams, in a way that enhances overall performance.
All participants will practice and solidify their leadership development and team building skills directly by taking part in an experiential exercise where they are required to choose a leader, work as a team, make decisions, delegate tasks, assign roles and responsibilities and assess their own and others' ability to successfully lead.
- Recognize and learn how to manage stress within the team.
- Managing team dynamics to ensure that the team is working at peak performance
- Identify team member strengths and their role preferences
- Recognize behavior traits in self and others
- Gain a better understanding of differing personalities and what motivates them, leading to better communications and teamwork.
- Allocate tasks and learn when and how to delegate to reduce overload and burnout.
- Understand how teams develop over time.
- Build supportive and effective teams and networks.
- Recognize and understand different team roles and their importance in effective team building.
- Learn how to lead groups to deliver objectives and outcomes
- Identify your current preferred leadership styles and practices.
- Recognize the difference between leadership and management and how different styles impact on performance.
- Learn what makes a good leader.
- Learn how to motivate individuals to willingly expend effort on a task.
- Develop a toolbox of motivational skills.
- Understand how to develop and influence others.
- Learn how to choose an appropriate leadership style based on the situation at hand.
- Develop decision making skills and chose appropriate decision making styles increasing chances of successful implementation.