Management of Change
By: London Management Centre
Dec 11 - 15 Dec, 2016
The only constant in the business world today is change. Whether anticipated or enforced, it is the board's responsibility to define and communicate the goals of change in order to direct the change process and to ensure that goals are achieved. This training course will provide participants with an insight into the forces of change and the crucial factors required for success.
Who should attend?
This practical course is designed for; directors, development managers, executives and decision-makers, who wish to introduce the latest powerful techniques for planning and implementing change effectively.
- Identifying the external pressures for change
- Understanding the process of internal change
- Recognizing the stages of change
- Appreciating the significance of corporate culture in implementing change
- Ways of initiating and directing change resulting from company growth or contraction
- Understanding the impact of globalization on the organization
- Assessing the effects of local and global competition
- Introducing 'Glocalisation'
- Managing and leading change
- Anticipating where change may be resisted and assessing ways of overcoming barriers
- Sustaining competitive advantage
- Evaluating various ways of initiating change
- Improving business performance by introducing Total Quality Management
- Business process re-engineering
- Management of innovation
- Creativity and competitive thinking
Venue: London Management Centre, 92 Seymour Pl, Marylebone, London W1H 2NJ