This 3 day intensive training program is a professional hands-on Fiber Optics Installation course that prepares Network / Telecoms Engineers with the required knowledge to design, deployed, and maintain Fiber Optics project confidently and professionally. Project managers, Technical Directors and Managers, ICT System Engineers and Field Integration Engineer will find this course invaluable to their career advancement.
It is a practical course that focuses on ensuring thorough understand of every important aspect of Fiber Optics project design and delivery. It takes participant with NO assumption of prior Fiber Optics knowledge. All aspects are taught from basics to advance with extensive hands-on practices.
- Fiber optic system build and Principles of fiber optics
- Cable types and manufacturing techniques: loose tube and tight-buffered cables
- Termination methods for field-installable connectors, pigtails and pre-connectorized assemblies
- Cable preparation techniques for splicing (Fusion and Mechanical) and Connectorization
- Fiber Optic Couplers, Switches and Isolators
- Performance Specifications
- Enclosures and Panels (Distribution, routing, installation, Premise and Outside Plant methods)
- Testing: Use and operation of the Optical Time Domain Reflect meter (OTDR) / light source and Power meter
- Optical Loss Testing and System Budget Calculations
- Emergency Restoration and Maintenance
- WDM and DWDM Issues
System Design Exercise
- Fiber Optic Network testing and documentation: procedures and requirements
- Fiber Optic Safety You will be proficient on how to: - Cleave Polish, Splice Optical Fiber and Inspect a Fibre Connector.
- Perform a Fiber Acceptance Test
- Perform an Optical Loss Budget
- Prepare Fiber Optic Patch Panel
- Clean a Fiber Optic Connector
- Plan Fiber optic links
- Deploy Fiber Optic project professionally, from start to finish; without unnecessary exposure to all associated health hazards.