Information and Communication Technology (ICT) involves the use of computers and communication facilities which enable the processing and storage of vast amount of information, along with rapid distribution. However, most agricultural and rural development managers have inadequate knowledge and skills required for making effective use of the modern ICT.
This training course therefore is designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of senior/middle managers to effectively apply ICT tools for managing information. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the role of modern ICT in agricultural and rural development;
- Explain fundamental principles in ICT.
- Use of modern ICT facilities; and
- Use of Multi-Media data operating equipment
- Elements of Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Role of modern ICT in agricultural and rural development
- MS-Windows 7/8.
- Personal computer software applications: - MS-Word 2007/2010. - MS-Excel 2007/2010. - MS-PowerPoint 2007/2010.
- Use of ICT facilities: Internet, World Wide Web, E-mail and Webpage development tools
- Use of Multi-Media data projector
Lecturettes, demonstrations and practical exercise.
Who Should Attend?
Senior/Middle Managers from the public and private organisations including Research Scientists, Extension Officers, Officers of PRSD (from both the Federal and State Ministries of Agriculture and Rural Development), LG, NGOs, CBOs, Librarians, Technical Editors and other Information professionals.
Basic knowledge of computer is essential.