Audio-Visual Media Production Technology for Agriculture and Rural Development (ARM 202)
By: Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI)
Kwara State, Nigeria
Aug 29 - 02 Sep, 2016
ARMTI's observation of field practices reveals that while media resource officers may have adequate knowledge of media technology, they have inadequate skills in their application for effective agricultural extension communication. The change agents and subject-matter-specialists as well as media experts serving in the agricultural and rural sector require special skills in the application of various audio-visual media to the unique needs of the sector.
This training course is designed to improve participants' skills in media design, production and usage. At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Select appropriate media and learning resources
- Plan audio-visual media production
- Produce effective audio, visual, and audio-visual programmes
- Identify skills required to manage audio-visual resource centre.
- Overview of audio-visual media technology
- Concept of communication
- Use of audio-visual software and hardware
- Equipment maintenance and management
- The television language
- Types and use of basic shots in video production
- Script-writing and post production techniques (editing)
- Computer-based post production video techniques
- Audio visual storage devices and data; transfer/ conversion
- Printing of digital photograph
Lecturettes, discussions, practical exercises, video clips and study visit.
Who Should Attend?
Media Resource/Audio-Visual officers in the Agricultural Development Projects (ADPs), Agricultural training institutions, Colleges of Agriculture, Producers of Information/Educational video programmes in Local Government, and Audio-visual Technical staff in the health, education, social-welfare institutions, etc.
Venue: ARMTI, Km. 18, Ilorin-Ajase-Ipo Highway, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria