Rural enterprise development is an intervention aimed at stimulating investment for sustainable agri-business enterprise. Rural enterprise development improves livelihoods, increase incomes of the poor and enhance opportunities for decent employment generation. However, the present situation in our rural communities, epitomizes poverty, poor entrepreneurial skills, underdeveloped market, and poor institutional support. The need therefore arises to identify the various rural potentials and investment opportunities in order to transform the agro-ecological zones (in Nigeria) and the livelihood of the rural community.
This training workshop is designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of participants in the development and management of various rural enterprises for employment generation and poverty reduction. At the end of the training programme, participants should be able to:
- Explain the concept of rural enterprise development
- Formulate and implement enterprise plans
- Identify financial linkages
- Identify, source and optimize use of funds.
- Potentials of rural enterprise development and management
- Enterprise identification and selection
- Record keeping for enterprise development
- Enterprise implementation and monitoring
- Enterprise product marketing
- Micro-finance institutions and development of rural enterprise
- Group formation, mobilization and management
- Fund mobilization and management for rural enterprise
- Participatory monitoring & evaluation for rural enterprise management
Lecturettes, exercises, case studies, group discussions etc.
Who Should Attend?
Business and Enterprise development officers in agricultural and rural development programmes, Commercial Agricultural Development Programmes, Poverty alleviation/eradication programmes, National Directorate of Employment, Finance Institutions, NGOs/CBOs, Cooperatives and private organizations.