The purpose of the training Course is to develop the requisite knowledge, skills and attitudes required by participants to function effectively in the Management Services and Training Department, as Management Services Consultants responsible for undertaking consultancy assignments in the Federal and State Government Ministries, Extra-Ministerial Departments and Parastatals. Specifically, the Course will enable the participants to:
- Identify the basic administrative management principles, methods and techniques which will enhance their efficiency and effectiveness in the performance of their duties
- Develop specific working skills in interviewing, information gathering, information analysis, data interpretation, report writing and report presentation, which are the necessary tools needed in the performance of their duties
- Apply the knowledge, skills, methods and techniques acquired, in identifying organisational problems, designing and recommending appropriate structural and operational solutions to organisations where such problems exist
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to plan, execute and complete management services assignments in Federal or State Government Ministries, Extra-Ministerial Departments and Parastatals either individually or in groups.
Topics to be covered include:
In order to achieve the afore-mentioned topics, the following modules will be discussed.
- Module I: General Management
- Module II: Problem Identification
- Module III: Method Techniques
- Module IV: Methods and Work Measurement
- Module V: Job Evaluation
- Module VI: Development of Alternative Methods
This Course is designed for officers in the Federal and State Governments, Parastatal Organizations and Local Government involved in administrative, personnel management, management and consultancy functions. Private sector managers with responsibility for the above functions will also benefit from the Course.