The broad objective of the training Course is to enable Public Servants acquire the requisite administrative skills that will equip them to function effectively in the Service.
Specifically, the objectives of the course are, among others, to:
- Enhance administrative and managerial skills of the participants, thereby improving professionalism;
- Update the knowledge and skills of participants on new trends in public administration and management; and
- Assist the participants apply the skills and attitude required for effective acquisition, allocation and utilization of public resources for the achievement of public goals.
The topics to be covered shall, among others, be:
- Overview of Public Administration
- Overview of Management
- Records Management, Information System and Technology
- Performance Contracts and Public Sector Effectiveness
- Communication Skills
- Overview of Human Resource Management
- Decision Making in the Public Service
- Effective Service Delivery
- Team Building
- New Trends in Public Sector Management.
- Accountability and Transparency
- Emotional Intelligence for Effective Leadership
- Public Policy Analysis and Implementation
The target audience for this Course comprises Public Servants on GLs 09 to 12.