The broad objective of the training course is to provide participants with necessary skills, techniques and tool for effective Project Management.
Specifically, the course will enable participants:
- Identify Factors that Impede Implementation of Projects;
- Apply the Analytical Methods and Processes required for the Selection, Appraisal, Planning and Execution of Projects;
- Acquire Skills in Monitoring Progress made on Projects as well as the Performance of Consultants and Sub-Contractors;
- Acquire Appropriate Skills needed to Maintain Completed Projects; and
- Use Relevant Computer Software in Project Management.
- Overview of Project Management;
- Project Identification Formulation and Selection;
- Project Feasibility Studies;
- Project Appraisal Techniques;
- Assessing the Environmental impact of Developmental projects;
- Managing Negotiations;
- Work Breakdown structure;
- Project Costing and Financing;
- Project Network Analysis;
- Project Staffing and Use of Consultants;
- Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Project and Report Writing
- Contracts and Tendering Procedures
- Project Maintenance Management
- Computer Application to Project Management
The Course is designed for Middle and Senior Officers on Grade Levels 08 - 12 who are responsible for planning, selection, implementation and maintenance of projects in both the public and private sector organizations.