The broad objective of the training workshop is to equip Managers in both the Public and Private Sector Organizations who are involved in the Management of development Programmes with requisite knowledge, skills and attitudes for effective monitoring and evaluation of Programmes and Projects.
The specific objectives are to enable participants
- Analyse the National Development Objectives and the Programme Approach
- Identify the Role of Monitoring and Evaluation in the Programme Cycle and its contribution to the achievement of National Development Objectives
- Carry out Progress Review and compile Reports for Timely Decision making
- Apply Appropriate Instruments and Procedures (Logical Framework etc) at Programme and Project Levels for Monitoring and Evaluating the Impact and Sustainability of Development Projects.
Overview of Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E)
- Logical framework approach
- Developing an overall M and E strategy/plan
- The work plan and its use for monitoring
- Data collection and analysis
- Developing and using monitoring indicators
- Reporting and progress review
- Using evaluation outcomes: lessons learned
- Impact and sustainability monitoring
- Computer application to monitoring and evaluation.
The Workshop is designed to meet the needs of both Public and Private sector managers who are involved in Programme/Project monitoring either as Implementers or as external and independent evaluators.