The objective of the training workshop is to examine various strategies that could be adopted to improve the performance capability of relevant institutions for enhanced revenue generation and cost minimization.
The specific objectives are to enable participants
- Identify the roles and functions of revenue officers
- Examine various strategies to improve revenue generation
- Discuss the methods of accounting for revenue generated
- Safeguard organization’s assets
- Provide forum for revenue officers to discuss the challenges facing revenue generation in the MDAs.
- Workshop Content
- Revenue team and its vision
- Roles, functions and responsibilities of revenue officers
- Sources of Revenue
- Revenue assessment and planning
- User charges and pricing
- Revenue accounting
- Motivating revenue officers
- Revenue forecasting
- Public accountability and transparency
- Fraud prevention and control measures
The Workshop is designed for Officers saddled with the responsibility for revenue generation and collection within their Organizations.