The workshop training objectives are to enable participants
- Apply the various statistical techniques for capturing relevant data
- Acquire requisite skills and knowledge on data processing
- Analyse data for planning and decision-making
- Set up data bases
- Appreciate the role of computer in data processing, storage, retrieval and transmission
- Be familiar with sources of data including internet.
- The concept and challenges of development
- Statistics and data
- Government statistics
- Method of data collection and processing
- Data analysis, regression, correlation and time series
- Writing of statistical report
- Design, development and maintenance of data bank
- Computer application to data processing, analysis and storage.
The workshop is designed for both public and private sectors managers particularly those in the office of statistics, ministries of finance, national planning commission and departments of planning research and statistics.