Workshop on Legislative Drafting Techniques (LSD)
By: Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON)
Lagos State, Nigeria
May 02 - 06 May, 2016
The Objectives of the training workshop are to
- Prepare staff of the national/state assemblies to perform the basic duties and responsibilities in legislative drafting
- Enable participants acquire and apply new techniques in legislative drafting
- Enhance their knowledge, skills, and attitude in the performance of their duties.
- The Drafting Process
- Practical Constraints in the Preparation of Legislation
- Rules of Drafting
- The Draft Special Responsibilities
- Minutes, Drafting and Briefs
- Communication Skills
- Organizing a Drafting Office
- Syntax and Expression
- Research Methods
- Legislative Sentence
- Policy Drafting Consideration in Tax Legislation.
The training Workshop is designed for New Staff of the State and National Assemblies, Lawyers and other Officers saddled with the responsibility of legislative drafting in both public and private sectors.
NGN 70,000.00 (Per Participant (This Excludes Accommodation and Feeding))
Venue: ASCON Complex, Topo, Badagry