The training workshop objectives are to
- Discuss diplomacy as a concept
- Explain the functions of a diplomat
- Highlight Nigeria roles in international relations
- Discuss diplomatic principles use during war and peace
- Explain the elements of foreign policy in different countries e.g. Nigeria, U.S.A and Russia, etc.
- Diplomacy as a concept
- The diplomats and its functions
- Nigeria roles in international relations
- Diplomacy in war and peace
- Elements of foreign policy
- Comparative foreign policy.
The target audience include staff from Foreign Affairs, Internal and External Affairs from GL08 and above, Members of the Armed Forces and Para-military Officers, Intelligence and Investigative Officers, Officers in the Public and Private Sectors dealing with diplomatic issues, Staff of Non- Governmental Organizations, Staff of International Organizations.
Methodology: Lectures, case studies, syndicate exercises and discussions.